DMV Consulting and Networking was founded in 2011 by Dawne Velianoff, LMSW, MUP.
Dawne is a dedicated thought leader with more than 15 years experience in serving urban and rural areas through grassroots, place-based initiatives. An expert in Grant Writing, Program Development, Strategic Planning, and Operations. Dawne has extensive experience in Family Services, the Aging Community, Community Mental Health, Healthcare Delivery Services (private and not-for-profit) and Federal and State Regulation, Policy and Procedures. With her high-level involvement in conducting organizational needs analysis, program development and budget analysis, Dawne has established a proven record in effective management, strategic thinking and implementation.
Her career history is vast with successful outcomes in clinical settings, care/case management services, and providing training to diverse groups. Dawne is an established leader, an advocate for the people and true to her core beliefs and values.
“All People Are Made With Purpose. I am. You Are. We Are. History Makers and Earth Shakers.”
•Strategically developed, implemented and tracked patient(s) clinical and behavioral trends among the SMI/DD population for a national company, resulting in a strategic plan for operations and patient care resulting in an increase in services.
• Strategically developed, analyzed, and tracked emerging trends among the low-income 50+ for AARP Foundation’s Target Communities national initiative, resulting in a strategic plan for the City of Detroit. Core Focus for AARP Foundation: Hunger, Housing, Income and Isolation.
• Designed and implemented dementia/memory care and behavioral health unit and programs for our current and future State Veteran Homes, a collaboration of State, Federal and Local agencies/organizations working together to promote person centered care in Michigan.
• Developed and implemented training program(s) for a national company servicing 7 states and 70+ skilled nursing facilities ensuring CMS regulation regarding 1) beneficiary non-coverage, 2) OBRA/PASRR, and 3) discharge planning to 500+ employees.
•Managed the Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP) as well as the Medicaid Improvements Patients Providers Act (MIPPA) providing counseling; enrollment assistance; and fraud prevention guidance to Michigan Medicare beneficiaries. Over 500+ volunteers and staff.
• Managed, created and implemented Governor Snyder’s vision for Michigan’s Elder Abuse initiatives.
• Established, wrote and managed the implementation of Michigan Legislative dollars allocated to Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency.
• Managed aspects of program budgets, exceeding $10MM annually, including fundraising, grant writing and allocations statewide.
- Developed, implemented and managed programs that support Community Health Centers mission, vision and goals.
- Lead Michigan Primary Care Association programs team in fulfilling program requirements and implementing new programs. Responsible for grants and managing contracts including: Federal, State and COB.
• Managed, lead and created training events, network gatherings, resource development, webinars and conference calls to support and strengthen Health Center planning and implementation of integrated care models.
• Guided staff and Community Health Centers in analysis of HRSA/BPHC/CMS policies, evidence based guidelines, models of care, etc.
• Guided the promulgation and formulation of policy impacting Health Centers and the people they serve.
Turn-around Specialist and Quality Assurance
•Established and implemented programing for State Veteran Home(s) locked dementia units and memory care units; resulting in a person-centered planning culture.
• Streamline two State Veteran Homes by conducting monthly reviews and quarterly mock surveys using current evidence based practices and standards. Formulate long-range plans, programs and policies for Michigan Veteran Health System and members.
• Created policies and procedures for a community-based organization to ensure accreditation by the Council on Accreditation (COA).
• Served as Chair, Co-chair and member of Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement committee (QAPI) resulting in creating new policies and procedures for skilled nursing and rehab facilities to enhance the lives of older adults and Veterans in Michigan.
• Drafted and implemented corrective action plan for State Veteran Home(s) findings from Office of Auditor General audit and Federal VA survey(s); resulting in clearing all OAG material findings and lowering VA survey citations.
- Established and implemented over 25 new statewide policies and procedures for State Veteran Home(s) serving over 700 veterans and employing over 400 employees and 1000 volunteers statewide.
Team Building & Community Engagement
• Coordinate Long Term Services and Support (LTSS) for the state of Michigan, utilizing the aging Network; APS, AAA, PACE, Medicaid Waiver program etc. Responsible for the planning, organizing and evaluation of the research activities and program support, which includes development of work plans to ensure efficiency.
- Facilitated workshops with anchor institutions and community-based organizations on healthcare costs for the homeless.
• Assembled over 100+ volunteers, elected officials and community groups as part of the City of Detroit’s “Motor City Make Over” campaign.
• Trained and managed 100+ volunteers with current best practices to endorse youth development in Detroit.